At the end of the course Healthcare professionals will be able to;
• Gain skills in order to structure and manage a consultation in the GP practice and Minor Illness setting.
• Achieve the knowledge and confidence to take a comprehensive and relevant history from the patient/carer/parent and child.
• To understand the importance of detecting NAI and safeguarding issues.
• Discuss evidence based guidelines for managing patients who present with a minor illness.
• Identify and manage red flags.
• Learn skills in order to reach a working diagnosis.
• Gain or revise skills in physical assessment and the different techniques between adult and child examination.
• Show how they assess, diagnose and manage children presenting with common minor illness.
• Gain an overview of common problems in the child under 1 so that they know who and when to refer the child.
• To enable the clinician to assess and manage a sick child safely and competently and know when to refer if necessary.
• Explore basic knowledge of common minor illnesses in the adult patient, the causes and management.
If you wish to pay for the course in instalments then select this option when purchasing your ticket, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss the options available. Once the first payment is received you will be registered on the course.