Mon, 07 Sep 2020 09:30 AM - Tue, 08 Sep 2020 09:30 AM - Tue, 15 Sep 2020 04:30 PM
For candidates who cannot reach West Midlands the Diploma can now be streamed live to you.
Suitable for all Health Care Professionals
A 3-day face to face and 14 hours distance learning course – including competencies, portfolio and 2 case studies
35 CPD points
• Principles of history taking
• Physical assessment of the patient presenting with a minor illness
• Assessment, diagnosis and management of adults and children presenting with a minor illness
• The sick Child
• Sepsis- identification and management
• Red flags
At the end of the course Healthcare professionals will be able to;
• Gain skills in order to structure and manage a consultation in the GP practice and Minor Illness setting.
• Achieve the knowledge and confidence to take a comprehensive and relevant history from the patient/carer/parent and child
• To understand the importance of detecting NAI and safeguarding issues.
• Discuss Evidence Based Guidelines for managing patients who present with a minor illness
• Identify and manage red flags.
• Learn skills in order to reach a working diagnosis.
• Gain or revise skills in physical assessment and the different techniques between adult and child examination.
• Show how they assess, diagnose and manage children presenting with common minor illness
• Gain an overview of common problems in the child under 1 so that they know who and when to refer the child.
• To enable the clinician to assess and manage a sick child safely and competently and know when to refer if necessary
• Explore basic knowledge of common minor illnesses in the adult patient, the causes and management.
Wolverhampton Science Park,