Tue, 03 Sep 2019 10:00 AM - Wed, 04 Sep 2019 10:00 AM - Thu, 05 Sep 2019 10:00 AM - Thu, 05 Sep 2019 04:00 PM
Tues 3rd / Wed 4th / Thurs 5th September – 10.00am – 4.00pm
• Anatomy and physiology of the Muscular Skeletal System
• Physical Examination of the patient presenting with an MSK problem
• History taking, diagnosis and management of adults presenting with common MSK conditions.
• Red Flags in MSK
• Appropriate referral for further investigations – MRI/USS/X ray
At the end of the course Healthcare professionals will be able to;
• Gain skills in order to structure and manage a consultation in the GP practice and Minor Illness setting for patients presenting with MSK problems.
• To understand the importance of detecting Red Flags and safeguarding issues.
• Discuss Evidence Based Guidelines for managing patients who present with MSK conditions.
• Learn skills in order to reach a working diagnosis.
• Revise the anatomy and physiology of the Muscular Skeletal System
• Gain or revise skills in physical assessment of the MSK system.
• Show how they assess, diagnose and manage adults presenting with common MSK problems
• Explore basic knowledge of common MSK conditions in the adult patient, the causes and management.
Wolverhampton Science Park,