These are the differential diagnoses that you are thinking of with LIF pain.
- This is asymptomatic and in most people remains undiagnosed
- It may present with a large, painless rectal bleed or be found incidentally during investigation for other symptoms. (CKS 2022)
Diverticulitis – suspect if a person presents with one or both of:
- Intermittent abdominal pain in the left lower quadrant
- Pain is triggered by eating and may be relieved by the passage of stool or flatus
Irritable bowel syndrome
- diverticulitis and gastroenteritis are two unrelated conditions that affect the gastrointestinal tract but their symptoms are similar, so by following the link below, find out how to not mistake one for the other.
After considering the previous information you should make a differential diagnosis of diverticulitis