• Around 550,000 people in England have been diagnosed with heart failure by their GP
i am changing this
• However around 80 per cent of heart failure diagnoses are made in hospital
• People with heart failure are 2-3 times more likely to have a stroke so it is very important that we are diagnosing earler and this could be done by you in your consultation.
In one typical ICB area alone
• Around 136,000 – live with heart and circulatory disease
• Heart and circulatory diseases causes 260 deaths each month
Read on to find out how to spot the symptoms of heart failure and the next step to getting a diagnosis and managment.